Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What is your path to fitnesss??

I'm learning about health coaching. A funny statement came up about losing weight. You know, you don't have to lose weight. Dr. Phil says you can be overweight until the day you die. But, do you really want to be overweight until the day you die?

My wife is training to be a Health Coach and her questions caught me a little off guard last night. She asked what I want to be as far as fitness goes. I thought about it today and I guess my answer is I'd like to be a healthier version of my parents. My dad had his first heart attack when he was 58 years old and I'd prefer not to have one or if I have to have one, then I'd like one 10 years later. Both my parents are active and social people and both are alive in their 80's and living independently. I can only hope to do as well. My fitness goal is to keep doing the things that I like to do physically, mentally and socially until I can't do them anymore. I don't really want to run marathons or climb mountains I just want to play golf, tennis, ride bikes, walk my dog, read and write. I think I would like to add mental fitness to physical fitness. I'd like to be a productive member of my family and society for as long as I can.

I think eating sensibly, staying physically active and learning new things regularly is my path for now...

Find your path.
Dr.Ronan

1 comment:

  1. If you have diet chart infographics then share because Infographics attract users I am also blogger http://weightlossnews.altervista.org

    ReplyDelete