Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Broken Arm Ski Trip


As physician-parent you would think I'd know better than to allow my 7 and 9 year old daughters ski down a hill  they just aren't ready for. Heck, I didn't even want to ski down a Black Diamond hill.  But, after 3 successful runs down the slopes on the first morning of a weekend of ski fun, I caved in and let the girls shoot down the side of a set of moguls (something I haven't done in over 20 years). Needless to say, the 9 year old fell on her elbow and broke her right arm we got to experience the Canadian Healthcare System, which, by the way isn't too bad.
Of course, being a cash paying non-resident, we moved along swiftly to check out with xrays in hand to follow up in the States.
Now she's trying to get out of wearing her sling some parts of the day or at night when she sleeps. I'm sticking to my guns on this one. Wear your sling for 6 weeks.
Lesson learned. If you don't have a really good feeling going into any situation, DON'T DO IT!
And, as mom would say, "Just because other people are dumb enough to do something, doesn't mean you have to be dumb too."

Moms are usually right.

No comments:

Post a Comment