Thursday, February 14, 2013

I downloaded my Nike app +Nike on my phone and also signed up for a cool program called Earndit +Earndit that gives your points for exercising that you can use to buy things that fit a healthy and active lifestyle, like clothing, sports drinks, trail mix/protein bars...etc.

I get asked all the time if I'm a runner or a biker or a golfer, but in reality I'm just an active person. I don't really log many miles running or jogging. I do a couple of classes per week at the gym, but I don't go every day. We have a pretty nice home gym that I can watch a ballgame and use our treadmill or eliptical or ride my bike. I just try to do something for about 30-60 mins 5 days a week and I feel pretty fit and sleep pretty well.

Studies consistently show that if you do some regular exercise 30-40 mins 5 days per week you miss less work due to illness or injury, take less medication, get fewer x-rays, see fewer doctors less often.
There are no Magic Exercises, just some exercise.

Make it fun and you're more likely to keep it up. Enjoy!
Dr.Ronan

No comments:

Post a Comment